If you love target shooting, one of your most common dilemmas would be to choose the perfect rifle scope for your gun. A good shooting scope gives you a clear vision of your target which improves your aim and expertise in the shooting.
If you want to increase your number of successful hits, then a scope will be your best friend. That is why most rifle-shooters use rifle scopes nowadays. However, there are a large number of rifle scopes available in the market with different specifications and abilities.
In case you do not want to burn a hole in your pocket while investing in a rifle scope, then you can consult our list of the best rifle scope under 300 dollars.
Best Rifle Scopes Under 300 – Quick List
Last update on 2019-07-23 at 10:06 / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API - Details
5 Best Rifle Scope Under 300 in 2019
1. Bushnell Optics FFP Illuminated RiflescopeAccuracy and reliability are the two things you look to your rifle scope for. This device will definitely not disappoint you in that respect. Be it optical precision, rugged reliability, and flawless performance- Bushnell Optics offers you nothing but the best.
Made of tough aluminum alloy with an anodize-finish, the Bushnell AR Optics 1-4x 24mm BTR-1 riflescope has an efficient and well-calibrated reticle that will give you a clear vision. The BDC accounts for precise ranging, allowing you to aim up to 600 meters. If you need to make some fast adjustments, then you can use the Throw Down PCL lever. The Caliber-specific reticle means all your shooting rounds will be immaculate when it comes to aiming. The fully multi-coated optics give you brightness, and you can trust the fast focus eyepiece not to let you down.
Even the last trace of nitrogen has been eliminated to get rid of internal moisture. The O-ring has been sealed tight so that your scope is safe from dust or moisture. The device is rustproof and scratch-proof. It will add that extra something to all AR platform firearms.
The fully multi-coated optics give you brightness, and you can trust the fast focus eyepiece not to let you down. Even the last trace of nitrogen has been eliminated to get rid of internal moisture. The O-ring has been sealed tight so that your scope is safe from dust or moisture. The device is rustproof and scratch-proof. It will add that extra something to all AR platform firearms.
- The exclusive Throw down PCL lever allows you to change power fast.
- Fully multi-coated optics and 1-4 x magnification.
- Delivers impeccable low light performance due to the BTR-1 illuminated First Focal Plane
- Accurate up to 500 yards.
- Has target turrets for the most precise adjustments.
2. Nikon PROSTAFF 5 RiflescopeThe new PROSTAFF 5 riflescope has undergone several advancements and upgrades following the latest technology. Equipped with a fantastic optical system that only leads to bright and clear images, this scope is quite the steal.
You can make hand-turn reticle adjustments with easy- there are no hassles whatsoever. This product also has Spring-Loaded Instant Zero-Reset turrets. The quick-focus eyepiece with its 4x zoom ratio helps you make any adjustment you need while maintaining your position.
The zoom will not blur your image in any way. The PROSTAFF 5 has been optimized using the Nikon Spot On Ballistic Match Technology so that you no longer have to rely on guesses to compensate for bullet drop. The riflescope has the power for even the longest-range shots.
The wide field of view allows you to keep an eye on your target even when your surroundings are full of bushes. The fully multi-coated optics allow the transmission of maximum light so that shooting in low light becomes a cakewalk.
- Has the Mildot Reticle along with built-in aiming points so you can elevation adjustments easily.
- The Spring-Loaded Instant Zero-Reset Turrets help you make simple and hassle-free adjustments.
- Nikon’s fully multicoated optics gives you nothing but startling brightness and uncompromised light transmission.
- The quick focus eyepiece helps you bring the reticle into focus quickly.
- The Nikon’s Spot On Ballistic Match Technology is technologically advanced.
- Value for price.
3. Leupold VX Freedom Rifle ScopeIf you are looking for a flawless performance that will live up to your hunting standards, then you can turn your eyes to the Leupold VX Freedom Rifle Scope. Equipped with all the features needed for beginners and professionals alike, the products guarantee nothing but the best. The tactical power indicator helps you to measure the magnification power of your scope without having to displace from your position.
The finger-adjustable click windage and elevation dials help you make adjustments lightning-quick. When you are shooting targets, even a moment’s delay can be disastrous.
You need to make as little movement as possible while aligning your gun to take the final shot. In such scenarios, having dials to make the changes you need is really helpful. In addition to this, the scope provides bright pictures that are crystal-clear. The clarity of your view is uncompromised.
The scope also allows for shooting low-light conditions as it makes contrasts visible. It even adjusts to the weather as it is waterproof in nature.
- Tactile power indicator helps you determine the scope’s magnification. You do not even have to move your eye from the eyepiece.
- The Upgraded Multicoat 4 lens system allows for maximum transmission in all light conditions.
- 2nd Generation Argon/Krypton Waterproofing
- Index Matched Lens System removes reflections.
4. Crossfire II 6 – 18x44mm AO RiflescopeIf you are hunting for an excellent riflescope at a budget price, then you have to look no further than the Crossfire II 6- 18x44mm AO Riflescope. Made of aircraft-grade aluminum with an anodized and low-glare finish, it gives you clearer and brighter images than ever before making your hunting trip a pleasurable experience. It is a rugged product which you can use outdoors without any qualms whatsoever. Crossfire II Riflescopes are designed to give a tough competition to all the other scopes available in the market. It exceeds the set standards at a lower price!
The product gives a superior performance that will impress you. The fully multi-coated lenses allow for maximum light transmission. All reflections are eliminated. The O-ring is sealed to protect the inside from dust and dirt. Nitrogen is also purged from the interiors. The product is waterproof and fog-proof, which means that outdoor shooting will not be a problem anymore. The adjustable objective lens allows for fine-tuning and helps in reducing parallax error.
The scope comes with a fast-focus eyepiece that helps your reticle to focus on the target without any delay. The lenses are locked in place with the help of machined locking rings so you can get a shock-proof performance. The product has resettable and capped MOA turrets which help you shoot well.
- You do not have to rely on guesses about holdover and windage corrections. The BDC reticle helps you hunt at varying ranges where you need to make such estimations.
- The multi-coated, anti-reflective lens coatings give bright images.
- The purging of nitrogen gas and sealed O-ring seals make your riflescope resistant to fog and water.
- Shockproof and can withstand recoil and impact.
5. Nikon PROSTAFF 5 NP RiflescopeNikon only subscribes to the latest technology and makes no compromises when it comes to their products. So it comes as little surprise that the new PROSTAFF 5 riflescope has been designed such that it will satisfy even the most experienced of hunters. This new product comes fully upgraded with a brand new optical system which will yield nothing but pictures of the very best quality. The Spring-Loaded Instant Zero-Reset turrets help you make quick changes so that your target does not flee while you are busy making elaborate adjustments. The quick-focus eyepiece with its 4x zoom ratio brings the target into focus easily.
The Nikon Spot On Ballistic Match Technology optimizes the device for use. The product facilitates long-range shots while the wide field of view does not let your target go out of sight. The multicoated optics make for maximum light transmission. Shooting in low light will not be a problem anymore.
- Has 4-time zoom ratio and gives eye relief.
- Easy adjustments with the Spring-Loaded Instant Zero-Reset Turrets.
- Nikon’s fully multicoated optics helps you get maximum brightness.
- A quick focus eyepiece brings the reticle into focus instantly.
- Nikon’s Spot On Ballistic Match Technology.
5 Things To Consider Before Choosing The Best Rifle Scopes Under 300
Even though you might not like the technical jargon, do keep an out for these specifications, when looking for the best rifle scopes under 300.
When you are investing in a rifle scope, you need to decide how much magnification you might require. This may not always be a flexible feature and will limit your usage if you opt for the wrong magnification level. Everyone will have different choices. Lower magnifications allow you to shoot faster relying on your intuition.
On the other hand, the higher magnification scopes give you fantastic but are difficult to carry, expensive, and also inconvenient to use in certain cases. If you are undecided, then you can choose variable power scopes but they are pricey and not very rugged. As an offhand shooter, a magnifying power of less than 10x is good enough for you.
Everyone will have different choices. Lower magnifications allow you to shoot faster relying on your intuition. On the other hand, the higher magnification scopes give you fantastic but are difficult to carry, expensive, and also inconvenient to use in certain cases. If you are undecided, then you can choose variable power scopes but they are pricey and not very rugged. As an offhand shooter, a magnifying power of less than 10x is good enough for you.
It’s another consideration when choosing the best rifle scopes under 300. The objective lens channels ambient light so that you get a focused image. The bigger your objective lens is, the more effective it will be in transmitting light and producing a brighter image. A large objective lens is best paired with a high magnification range.
While it gives impeccable clarity, a large objective lens has some problems. It will need to be mounted higher which may lead to you having issues trying to maintain proper cheek weldability. A large objective lens is not only inconvenient to carry about, but it can also affect the overall balance of your rifle which will negatively impact your shooting. Go for a smaller lens if that is what your scope demands.
It will need to be mounted higher which may lead to you having issues trying to maintain proper cheek weldability. A large objective lens is not only inconvenient to carry about, but it can also affect the overall balance of your rifle which will negatively impact your shooting. Go for a smaller lens if that is what your scope demands.
Choosing the right one is important when choosing the best rifle scopes under 300. When buying a rifle scope, you need to determine what kind of reticle pattern you want. The three most common types are:
Duplex Reticle: This has a thin center crosshair that turns thicker near the scope’s outer area. It helps focus your eye towards the center while the thick outer bars help you to shoot even in in low light.
Mildot Reticle: The mildot reticle is similar to the duplex reticle in a lot of ways, but is considerably enhanced. The dots are spaced according to particular angles measured in milliradians. This reticle can be used to find a target’s range and its size. As a result, you can make quick, intuitive changes to suit the wind and elevation.
BDC Reticle: BDC or “bullet drop compensator” helps you to shoot accurately over different target ranges without having to make adjustments to your scope’s settings. There are several aiming points integrated into the pattern of the reticles that correspond to the various distances.
4. MOA or MRAD?
For your scope adjustment, you have two options for measurement: MOA and MRAD. You need to keep them in mind when choosing the best rifle scopes under 300.
MOA or “Minute of Angle” is popular as it allows accurate zeroing since the adjustment increments are small. However, calculating adjustments becomes problematic when the distance is not 100 yards.
MRAD or a milliradian stands for 1/1,000th of a radian. Using this method allows for easier adjustments because you do not try to find linear values from angular ones. The process of calculation remains the same irrespective of the range.
5. Focal Plane and Parallax:
You can use two different positions for your reticle- the first focal plane or FFP and the second focal plane or SFP. For SFP reticles, the reticle maintains the same size ratio to the image if the magnification level of the scope is adjusted. You will get a crystal-clear picture no matter what your magnification is.
However, SFP scopes with mildot or BDC reticles will need to be set to maximum magnification, unlike the FFP. The problem with FFP reticles us that their visibility reduces on low magnification levels.
Parallax occurs when the reticle appears to change its position subject to the target when you move your head slightly. Low magnification scopes are parallax free till a certain distance while higher magnification scopes come with a parallax correction knob.
Choose the best rifle scopes under 300! Now that you know the five best options for rifle scopes to buy under 300 dollars, we suggest that you choose the one which appeals to you the most. All of them have similar features and guarantee superior image quality. Your choice depends on your priority.
- Buying Guide On Best Rifle Scopes
- Buying Guide On Best Rifle Scopes Under $100
- Buying Guide On Best Rifle Scopes Under $500
- The Best Rifle Scope Under $1000